“The GAW” is Global Alumni Relations’ event of the year: an annual opportunity for IE Alumni to come back home to IE and reconnect with places, things and people that changed their lives. It is the weekend to reunite, learn, network and socialize with classmates, other alumni and professors, as well as involve their families in the community.
The GAW will offer spaces and enjoyment on Campus for every member of the IE Alumni Community:
- The best IE Content: diverse talks, debates, panels, conferences and workshops by IE Professors and IE Alumni of the 5 IE Schools.
- Social cocktails & meals: to enjoy the warm summer evenings on campus while doing some IE Style networking. Lunch and brunch will also be offered for everyone on Saturday and Sunday (respectively).
- Campus Tours: to showcase how the campus has been growing and innovating.
- Class Reunions: celebrations of the 10th, 5th & 1st Anniversary for IMBA, MIM, MBA, MBA PT, GMBA and MIR Alumni. (Don’t worry, class reunions for other schools are coming very soon as part of future editions)
- Fun interactive family activities: unique experiences to create memories and enjoy with all profiles of the IE community – partners and children included! Imagine: from cocktail making contests, to Zumba lessons, to a giant Batucada…
- Child care area: on Saturday 22nd from 9am to 7pm, kids between 2 and 12 years of age will be cared for and entertained while parents are enjoying the grown-up activities. Please note that as of July 13th, Child Care for children between 2 and 12 has reached full capacity and we are not able to accept any more children. If you wish, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org your name, children’s names and ages, and we will place them on waiting list in case we receive cancellations. Thank you!
The GAW will take place in Madrid at our IE Campus (specifically at Serrano 99, Serrano 105, Castellón de la Plana 8 and Maria de Molina 31 / 31 bis). For further information regarding each building, please check the Venue tab in this website. The dates of the event are July 20th to July 23rd (both dates included).
Please head to the Agenda section on this website for more details. Here is a summary of the activities planned on the Global Alumni Weekend:
- Thursday 20th: Early evening cocktail and registration at Calle Serrano 99.
- Friday 21st: Specific school activities will be organized at Maria de Molina 31 during the afternoon, after this we will have another cocktail and registration at Calle Serrano 99.
- Saturday 22nd: Full day at IE! Morning welcome coffee, opening ceremony and EPIC Awards at Calle Serrano 99 starting at 9 am. Coffee break, activities, classes, workshops by IE professors will be held at Calle Maria de Molina 31 and 31 Bis starting at 11am. At 2pm, lunches are planned between Castellón de la Plana 8 and Serrano 99. Finally, many fun activities will be held in the afternoon. In the late evening, we will invite you to a drink at a venue to be announced in June.
- Sunday 23rd: Farewell brunch at Maria de Molina 31 & 31 Bis.
*please note that activity locations may suffer changes.
The following Class Reunions will be held at this first edition of The GAW:
- 10TH Anniversary: IMBA, MBA, MBA PT and MIM classes that graduated in 2007.
- 5TH Anniversary: GMBA, IMBA, MIM and MIR classes that graduated in 2012.
- 1 ST Anniversary: IMBA, MIM and MIR classes that graduated in or before July 2016.
For further information regarding the Class Reunions, please check the Class Reunion section in this website.
Since we are so close to the event date we cannot include it in the Class Reunion list, nor plan specific activities for your class at this point, but we can definitely give your class a special shoutout (though some kind of decoration or mention during the event) if more than 10 people join this year´s GAW.
Class Reunion planning requires at least 9 months in advance, because we build Class Reunion Committees with one or two representatives from each section per intake, and they support us with spreading the word to their class and with planning activities around the ones we organize at The GAW. Many people also travel for this occasion, which is why planning in advance is important.
This time around, we encourage you to come to The GAW with as many people of your class as possible, get a feel of what this event is like, and start getting excited for your next milestone anniversary (1, 5, 10 or 15 years).
We are currently working very hard to establish the IE Class Reunion tradition! Since we need help from Alumni to organize class reunions: are you interested in being part of your future class reunion organizing committee? If so, please fill this form and we will get in touch with you soon.
We look forward to seeing you at The GAW!
Definitely, as we mentioned before every IE Alum is welcome at The GAW. In fact, we encourage you to join the event ☺
Partners and children are welcome! Your family is an important part of the IE Alumni Community. Partners do need to purchase a ticket. For this, we have created special prices (2 person pack) in case you´re coming with your partner. We are happy to invite your kids (under 12 years old) to the event without a cost. They only need to be registered when you complete the registration form. Please note that as of July 13th, Child Care for children between 2 and 12 has reached full capacity and we are not able to accept any more children. If you wish, you can write to us at email@example.com your name, children’s names and ages, and we will place them on waiting list in case we receive cancellations. Thank you! For further information please check the “Get your tickets” section in this website.
Business Summer Casual. Please take into account that the weather in Madrid is really warm in July. Hopefully we will not have rainy days, but just in case, come prepared.
Since we know you like to party, the GAW ticket includes a drink and free entrance to a bar or night club in Madrid for Saturday night. We will announce the venue during the month of June, so stay tuned to our emails and social media ☺
On Saturday July 22nd Serrano 105 will become a Child Care Area, where children between the ages of 2 and 12 will be entertained and supervised by child care professionals. It is crucial that children attending and making use of this service are registered in the “buy your ticket” area of this website. Please note that children don’t have to pay a registration fee. Children that are not registered prior to the event will not be able to be left at the Child Care Area, so please make sure you register your children.
Payment will be made using PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you DO NOT NEED TO CREATE ONE. You will be able to pay with your credit or debit card once you proceed to the PayPal Payment Gateway. This is the only way to purchase your ticket to The GAW. If your country does not allow you to proceed to the PayPal Payment Gateway, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full ticket price is 150€. However, the earlier you buy your ticket, the better price you will be able to get. Early Bird price is 75€ and will be available until May 29th. After that, the pre-sale price will be of 115€, available until June 26th. Special prices are available for current IE students, members of the IE Alumni Association and IE Staff.
The ticket price includes access to all the activities planned during these four days:
- July 20th – 19.00 to 21.00 pm: cocktail on campus.
- July 21st – 17.00 to 19.00: activities on campus. From 19.00 to 21.00 pm: cocktail on campus.
- July 22nd – 9.00am: morning coffee and opening ceremony; activities from 11.00 to 14.00pm; lunches from 14.00 to 16.00 pm and more activities from 16.00 to 18.00pm. Later in the evening we will invite you to a drink at a venue to be revealed in June ☺
- July 23rd – 12.00 to 15.00pm: Brunch on campus.
Please note: partners and children are welcome to the event. Partners must also buy a ticket, and children must be registered but are free of cost. Please note that as of July 13th, Child Care for children between 2 and 12 has reached full capacity and we are not able to accept any more children. If you wish, you can write to us at email@example.com your name, children’s names and ages, and we will place them on waiting list in case we receive cancellations. Thank you! For partners, we have created 2-person packs with beneficial rates.
Please also note that the exact starting and ending times of activities may vary.
Registration will be closed on July 14th, or when tickets are sold out.
Yes, all tickets are refundable. Requests for tickets purchase withdrawal will be accepted only until July 1st, 2017
Yes. We have two person packs available that offer beneficial prices. When buying more than one ticket, please make sure to fill out the other person’s information, as this will be used to create the credentials that will allow him/her to access to the event.
Yes, all the prices include the Spanish VAT of 21%.
Yes. Please make sure to bring your passport, ID or other official identification for the registration period (Thursday, Friday and Saturday). We will need to check it before giving you the credentials. This is for security reasons, as we want to guarantee a safe environment for all attendees.
No. Your ID or passport will suffice for you to get your credentials and access to the event.
ACCOMODATION & TRAVEL
No. Each participant is responsible for making their own hotel and travel arrangements. However in order to help you, please go to the “Attendee Benefits” section in this website, where you will find several discounts and promotions for hotels, airlines and other services.